Deadline: 8 December 2017
The Association of Healthcare Journalists (AHCJ) is currently seeking nominations for its Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism, that have recognized the best health reporting in print, broadcast and online media.
Entries can include a wide range of health coverage including public health, consumer health, medical research, the business of health care and health ethics. The contest was created by journalists for journalists and is not influenced or funded by commercial or special-interest groups.
- To support the highest standards of reporting, writing, editing, and broadcasting in health care journalism for the general public and trade publications.
- To develop a strong and vibrant community of journalists concerned with all forms of health care journalism.
- To raise the stature of health care journalism in newsrooms, the industry, and the public, as a whole.
- To promote understanding between journalists and sources of news about how each can best serve the public.
- To advocate for the free flow of information to the public.
- To advocate for the improvement of professional development opportunities for journalists who cover any aspect of health and health care.
Award and Benefits
- First-place winners earn $500 and a framed certificate. They also receive complimentary lodging for two nights and registration for the annual conference, April 12-15, 2018, in Phoenix.
- Winners are recognized at the annual awards luncheon and first-place winners are encouraged to appear on panels to discuss their winning work.
- If there is more than one entrant on the award, it is up to these winners to divide any prize. Lodging will only be covered for one individual in each category.
Anyone who has written about health, including public health, consumer health, medical research, health policy or the business of health care.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants may apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Awards for Excellence in Health Care Journalism.