Deadline: 31 January 2017
In no more than 5000 words, essays – written in English, should:
- Reflect on the role and contributions of Health Policy and Systems Research in strengthening health systems and future challenges in the context of Agenda 2030;
- Identify strategies and innovative approaches to ensure the greater use of health policy and systems research by relevant actors and stakeholders; and
- Explore opportunities to further strengthen the position and role of the Alliance for Health Policy & Systems Research in advancing the field.
- A cash prize of USD 7,500 will be awarded to the authors of the winning paper.
- Prizes of USD 2,500 and USD 1,000 will be awarded to the authors of the 2nd and 3rd place papers.
Teams of 3-5 persons from different disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to contribute to this essay. In order to be eligible, teams must be made up of:
- At least two different disciplinary backgrounds
- A mix of genders
- The lead author must not be more than 35 years of age at the date of submission and must be a national (citizen) of a low- or middle-income country.
- Teams led by women are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
All submissions must be sent via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, rep., Cote d’ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab rep., El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, kyrgyz republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, rep., Zambia
For more information, please visit Alliance’s First Ever Essay Coampetition.