Nominations are now open for the 2021 White King-Pental Business awards. The Shepparton Business Excellence Awards, Shepparton Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc will be hosting the awards to showcase and celebrate the amazing diversity of business within the Greater Shepparton community.
The awards are an opportunity to recognise and honour outstanding contributions and to encourage future business success.
The aims of the awards are:
- To recognise and reward businesses who are making their mark in their chosen industry
- To provide networking opportunities and assist businesses in sharing success and developing new relationships
- To reward and encourage activity engagement and growth
- To provide opportunities for businesses to acknowledge and celebrate their achievements and be recognised for their valuable contribution to the community
- To encourage innovation, business excellence and good corporate citizenship
- To recognise and reward staff and employees for their outstanding customer service and contrivution to their employer and the wider business community
- Customer Service Award: This is your opportunity to shine in the area of customer service.
- Business of the Year Award: Business awards are based on 3 specific areas:
- Professional service of the Year
- Trade service of the year
- Retailer of the Year
- Visitor Experience of the Year Award: The Visitor experience of the year award is designed to encompass the local tourism and visitor industry and enables any business providing an exceptional “visitor experience” to nominate including, but not limited to, hospitality, accommodation, tour operators and attractions. The Visitor experience of the year award is in two areas:
- Excellence in Tourism Hospitality
- Excellence in Tourism Accommodation
- Best New Business under 2 Years: The best new business award is presented to a new business which has been in operation for less than 2 years. This award recognises operators new to business who have demonstrated good business practice in starting, setting up, and growing their business for success.
- Best Marketing/Advertising Campaign: The Best Marketing/Advertising award is a category to encourage creative and effective marketing. This award recognises business achievements in reaching rural and regional consumers with modern and traditional marketing techniques.
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award (min 1 yr op): This award recognises an individual or small group who have demonstrates excellence in enterprise, vision and entrepreneurial spirit, wither in setting up a new small business or successfully developing an existing small business or social enterprise.
- Apprentice/Trainee of the Year Award: The Apprentice/trainee of the year award recognises the overall performance in training, approach and skills growth.
- GV Healthy Workplace of Year Award: This award recognises employers and employees, together with a supportive workplace environment, work in partnership to create and sustain good health.
- Young Professional of Year Award: This award recognises an individual who has demonstrated excellence in enterprise, vision, innovation and community engagement, under 39 years of age.
- Innovator of the Year Award: As they know 2020 brought about a year of business change more than many others, and they would like to recognise businesses that have introduced new processes, services or products to affect positive change. This can be improving existing methods or practices or starting from scratch. Ultimately the goal is to reinvigorate a business creating new value and boosting growth and/or productivity.
- Sustainable/Environmental Business of the Year: To recognise a business that is adapting to a changing climate and a low carbon economy. Customers are recognising the footprint of a business and carbon emissions as being important with businesses they are interacting with.
- Hall of Fame: A business will be selected by the Shepparton Chamber of Commerce & Industry in recognition of outstanding Customer Service and Business Excellence as a Chamber Member since joining and being a continuous member over a period of years.
- All businesses within the Greater Shepparton City Council boundary are eligible to enter.
- Any business operating with in the Greater Shepparton City Council boundary is eligible to enter or be nominated by their customers and clients.
For more information, visit https://sheppartonbusinessawards.com.au/how-to-nominate/