As part of the preparation for the Generation Equality Forum, a global meeting focused on the achievement of gender equality and with a leading role for civil society, the call for the selection process of the youth leaders of the Coalitions for Action of Generation Equality has been announced.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Generation Equality Forum, convened by UN Women and organized jointly with the Governments of Mexico and France, is a unique opportunity to reaffirm the validity of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action 25 years after its adoption.
What are Action Coalitions?
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Action Coalitions will be vital to a strong, vibrant and results-driven constituency of partners. UN Women is the overall convener of the Generation Equality Action Coalitions. There are six Action Coalitions covering the following themes:
- Gender-based violence
- Economic justice and rights
- Bodily autonomy and sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Feminist action for climate justice
- Technology and innovation for gender equality
- Feminist movements and leadership
Who are the Action Coalition Leaders?
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Leaders of Action Coalitions will be comprised of the following:
- Youth-led organizations, including adolescent-girl led organizations
- Governments from the Global South and North
- Women’s organizations and movements
- Private sector entities, including philanthropic organizations
What kinds of Youth-led Organizations can apply?
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Youth-led organizations must be led by young people themselves. Youth-serving or youthfocused organizations are not eligible for consideration in the youth-led slot.
- Organizations do not need to be registered officially. However, applications must be from organizations, networks, or alliances rather than individuals.
- A coalition of youth-led organizations can submit a joint application. When applying as a coalition, please submit only one letter and clearly indicate which organization will act as the main point of contact.
The criteria for all leaders of Action Coalitions is as follows:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Evidence of commitment to the theme of Action Coalition, either through past work or a new vision.
- A ground-breaking five-year commitment relevant to the Action Coalition theme that demonstrates a vision for change.
- Active engagement in the design of the Action Coalition blueprint alongside annual tracking and reporting as part of regular reporting. In addition, all Action Coalition leaders will be strongly encouraged to attend an annual event at the UN General Assembly.
- Demonstration of how the organization will utilize their voice and network to engage others and mobilize additional support for the Action Coalition theme. Youth-led organizations are not expected to make any financial contribution or commitment.
For more information, visit https://lac.unwomen.org/en/noticias-y-eventos/articulos/2020/07/rumbo-al-foro-generacion-igualdad-liderazgos-juventud-coaliciones-para-la-accion