The World Healh Organization (WHO) is inviting applications for its Science for Factchecking Participation in a training for trainers workshop to strengthen the use of scientific evidence and health literacy skills to prevent misinformation in health emergencies.
The long term objective of this is to create a network of professional fact-checkers who can support local and regional efforts to halt mis-and disinformation in future health emergencies by strengthening the voice of science.
Objective of the Workshop
The objective of the workshop is to train professionals involved in or interested in factchecking to enhance the voice of science to fight rising misinformation through an understanding of scientific information and its correct interpretation, and strengthen health literacy competencies to enhance the factchecking skills.
Dates for Workshop: 2.5 days, 22-24 Feb 2023
- Professionals from organizations, whose work includes factchecking are invited to apply. Media educators whose work include teaching fact-checking are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have work experience of 5+ years as in a related area, particularly in health (such as public health professional who has provided facts to the public/media educator or professional involved in checking facts) with previous experience in fact-checking and fact-checking teaching and training.
- Applications must include:
- A covering letter which includes explaining why they are interested in the workshop, why they would be suitable for the training and if selected, how they plan to train others in their organizations, regions and countries.
- Their cv, highlighting their organization and the work they do on factchecking in health emergencies
- A covering letter which includes explaining why they are interested in the workshop and why they would be suitable for the training
- For the first Training of Trainers in Bangkok, applications are invited from those working in the Asia Pacific region, in the countries covering the WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific Regions
- 12 applicants will be selected
- Selected applicants will be informed by 15 January 2023.
- Successful applicants will be provided a per diem for the days of travel, and their travel cost will be covered.
For more information, visit https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/call-for-application-cross-check-science-for-factchecking