The Villgro and The Family Planning Association of India (FPAI) have partnered to launch an Innovation Challenge to discover innovative technical solutions in the Sexual, Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) space.
The “Innovation Challenge” will identify startups or individuals with innovative solutions across five problem areas in the SRHR space and provide a cohort of 15 selected innovators with a month long immersion support. The best solutions will receive a cash award of up to INR 3.5 lakhs and get the opportunity to showcase their solutions to a global audience.
- The best solutions will receive a cash award of up to INR 3.5 lakhs and get the opportunity to showcase their solutions to a global audience.
The identified problem areas include:
- Technology-driven solutions for providing multilingual comprehensive sex education to youth;
- The solution to ensure access to comprehensive sex education that is accurate, age-appropriate and scientific. Solutions can be mobile app based/ NLP/ AI/ AR/ VR/ Chatbot/ Video consult based;
- Affordable, easy to use solutions for early diagnosis of pregnancy;
- Solutions that can diagnose pregnancy during very early stages i.e. between intercourse and before missing periods;
- Low cost, eco-friendly, easy to use solutions for dispensing and disposing of sanitary napkins;
- Location mapping/access and clean energy could be an added advantage;
- Easy and non-invasive diagnosis of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) among young girls;
- Solutions could be single test, evidence based, and easy to use, preferable DIY in nature;
- Affordable and multiparameter, ovulation monitoring and management solutions;
- Ideal solutions could be point-of-care ovulation detection devices, which are non-invasive, inexpensive, easy to use, precise in determining ovulation, and precise in determining the fertility window.
The immersion program will comprise of:
- Virtual interactions/ webinars with industry experts, healthcare professionals, youth volunteers of FPAI (on-ground experts) in sexual and reproductive health problems;
- Dedicated Mentorship for converting ideas into for-profit business solutions;
- Connect with Incubators to help innovators receive follow on funding;
- Rapid prototyping support for building a pilot Proof of Concept (POC).
- Any Indian citizen.
- Any individual, a group of individuals or a startup working to find solutions for challenges in the SRHR space.
For more information, visit https://www.villgro.org/current-programs#cause-07