Proposals are invited for Global Design Challenge for Sport and Physical Activity to Support the creation and development of innovative ideas from around the world that enable people of all ages and abilities to lead active healthy lives.
- €20,000 in prizes
- 1st Place Development Grant* to the value of €10,000
- 2nd Place Development Grant* to the value of €5,000
- 3rd Place Development Grant* to the value of €2,500
- 4th Place Development Grant* to the value of €1,000
- 5th, 6th and 7th Place Development Grants* to the value of €500
There are 8 specific sub-challenges.
Find innovative ways to
- Inclusion: increase opportunities for engagement in physical activity ensuring that it is accessible to everyone of any ability, age, race or socio-economic background.
- Community: inspire community-level engagement in physical activity for all ages
- Fans and Volunteer: bring participants, volunteers and fans back to sport and physical activity
- Policy Based: use sport as a means to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals in a practical way
- Sustainability: reimagine sport and physical activity (e.g., space and place, funding models) to make it more sustainable and resilient to shocks and change
- Youth-Based: motivate children and youth to engage in sport and physical activity, that leads to life-long interest
- Technology-Based: harness technology to radically change the way sport and physical activity are imagined
- Lifestyle Physical Activityintegrate sport and physical activity into leisure and lifestyle activities (e.g., cycling for transport, gardening for food security)
GDC 2021 Stages:
- Team Entries: It will be possible to register for the challenge from 7 June 2021. The challenge will take place between 21 June and 27 June 2021. Registration may take place until the end of the challenge. Teams will work together to develop their ideas and submit their idea on Devpost.
- Scoring: Entries will be scored against the following criteria:
- Creativity and innovation in sport and physical activity
- Impact on the identified challenge and towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Feasibility of successful practical implementation of the idea
- Judging: An international panel of Judges will shortlist the top 25 entries, and the Judges may, at their sole discretion, select not more than 7 of the shortlisted teams for a development grant of up to €10,000, subject to associated grant Terms and Conditions.
- Matching: Partners will be involved throughout the judging process and may contact teams that they are interested in working with in addition to the development awards.
- Participants: There are no restrictions on eligibility to participate in GDC 2021 with the exception that the team member registering must be aged 18 or over.
- Countries: GDC is a global challenge and international teams are welcome.
- Teams: Teams can be of any size.
- Diversity: GDC 2021 encourages diversity.
For more information, visit https://gdc2021.devpost.com/