Deadline: 26 July 2016
Applications are open for 2016 Direct Services Grant Program by Healthcare Georgia Foundation. The purpose of the grant program is to support existing healthcare services and health promotion programs specifically related to the Foundation’s Addressing Health Disparities Priority Area.
- Intervene in prevalent and modifiable health disparities among Georgia’s vulnerable populations
- Increase awareness of the magnitude and impact of highly disparate health conditions as well as increase the understanding of the broad determinants of health and health inequities
- Improve cultural and linguistic competency as well as diversity of Georgia’s health care workforce
- Monitor health disparities and assess intervention effectiveness
- Promote policies and environmental supports that reduce disparities and advance health equity
- Contribute to the identification, adoption, and dissemination of evidenced-based policies and programs that reduce disparities
- Healthcare Georgia Foundation generally supports organizations and projects located in Georgia that directly benefit Georgia residents. National organizations providing services in Georgia are also considered.
- If an applicant organization/project is not a 501(c)(3) entity and plans to use a fiscal sponsor, that sponsor should send a cover letter with the proposal indicating it has approved this project for funding. Pre-approval by the fiscal sponsor is necessary for the Foundation to proceed with the funding request. If the project has no separate legal existence and is a direct project of the entity holding the 501(c) (3), this should be stated in the grant proposal.
- Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the Request for Proposal (RFP), General Operating Support and Direct Services Support Grants, or other funding opportunities that may be available.
- Given Healthcare Georgia Foundation’s commitment to traditionally underserved populations, the Foundation encourages cultural diversity, representativeness and inclusiveness in the boards, staff, and individuals served by the organizations we fund. This principle is shaped by the conviction that all segments of society benefit from pluralism and equal opportunity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for the grant program online via given website.
For more information, please visit Healthcare Georgia Foundation.