Are you a young person under 30 years of age living with or affected by HIV? Are you affiliated with a youth-led, youth-enabling or youth-serving community-based organization? Do you play a leadership role in your community? Are you passionate about using digital technology to network, share, and learn? If yes, you can apply to be one of ten young leaders driving a collective digital space to support young people.
The International AIDS Society (IAS), Y+ Global, Youth RISE, ATHENA Network, The PACT, Adolescent HIV Treatment Coalition (ATC) and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation (EGPAF) have teamed up to build and facilitate a collective digital space that will be developed by young leaders and for young people.
The goal is to co-create, curate and nurture a digital space for young leaders living with or affected by HIV that:
- Is youth-led, youth-responsive, inclusive, accessible, sustainable and innovative;
- Showcases youth leadership in all its diversity;
- Links young people to organisations and resources tailored to their needs;
- Provides capacity building, mentorship and networking opportunities; and
- Promotes fundraising opportunities for young people.
As a young leader applicant will:
- Co-create a digital space for young people alongside a dedicated, tech-savvy and innovative group of young leaders, supported by a team of IT and design experts.
- Launch the space at IAS 2021 Virtual, the world’s most influential conference on HIV science.
- Receive $2000 for applicants’ time and to cover the costs of internet data.
- Learn vital skills in communications, project management, and design.
- Mentor the next cohort of young leaders.
- Be between 18 and 29.
- Be connected to a youth-led, youth-enabling or youth-serving organization working in the HIV response, either as a volunteer, employee or beneficiary.
- Be creative, tech-savvy and passionate about the potential of digital technology to contribute to the HIV response.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the HIV response in the community.
- Showcase strong leadership qualities.
- Be agreeable to be featured in digital media.
- Be available for full-time working hours (8 hours per day) between5-13 April and 18-21 July 2021.
- Be available to take on ad hoc tasks and be an ambassador for the digital space (approximately 3 days total).
- Be available and willing to mentor the next cohort of young leaders in 2022 (approximately 5 days total).
- Young people from key populations and low and middle-income countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.iasociety.org/HIV-Programmes/Campaigns/Youth-Voices/Young-Leaders-Call-for-applications-2021