Deadline: 21 March 2017
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is seeking proposals for its Livestock Vaccine Innovation Fund (LVIF) with an aim to support novel ideas or pre-existing innovations to respond to the challenges of existing livestock vaccines in sub-Saharan Africa and South and Southeast Asia.
The call seeks proposals that are adopting innovative approaches to increasing the duration of immunity by better induction and maintenance of immunological memory; reducing the number of primary vaccinations and/or revaccinations; improving overall vaccine safety; and developing universal vaccines with the capacity to provide protection against multiple strains, subtypes, or serotypes.
A maximum of 6 research projects will get grants, up to a maximum of CA$ 1,000,000 each for up to 30 months.
- This call is open to applicants from research-focused organizations from the private sector, academia, and research institutes around the world.
- The proposed research must focus on vaccine improvement for one or more of the eligible livestock diseases of the LVIF
- Applicants from academia, private and public sector organisations with a strong research focus are eligible for this global call.
- Applicants from the United Nations system cannot apply to this Call as lead or coapplicants. UN organizations may participate as collaborating organizations.
- Applicants from CGIAR Centres are not eligible as lead applicant but are eligible as coapplicants or collaborating organizations.
- The lead applicant and co-applicants may negotiate and develop funding arrangements directly with third-party organizations for specific services. IDRC will not contract directly with third-party organizations. Applications that involve third-party organizations must clearly justify their involvement and explain their role(s). The total third-party participation in a project is set at a maximum of 30% of the budget.
- A person cannot be the lead applicant for more than one project. At most, person can apply as the lead applicant for one project and be a co-applicant for two additional projects.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Livestock Vaccine Innovation Fund.