The National Committee for Quality Assurance is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual NCQA Innovation Awards, Featuring Quality Accelerators in Health Care.
The NCQA Innovation Awards will recognize organizations for implementing leading-edge strategies that improve both quality and value.
They will also recognize organizations that support delivery system redesign and patient engagement initiatives (including digital engagement strategies) that help drive better integration across the delivery system and support person-centered care.
What criteria is evaluated for the Awards?
NCQA uses the following criteria to score submissions and choose awardees:
- Innovation and creativity
- Impact on intended audience
- Solution is distinctive from existing approaches
- Quantitative data showing results/impact
- Potential for cost impact
- Potential for quality impact
- Added value for payer/provider/patients
Suggested Topics for Submissions
This list is not exhaustive; these suggestions are based on previous submissions.
- Behavioral Health
- Integrating behavioral health expertise and specialists
- Measurement and quality improvement
- Coordination of behavioral health care
- COVID-19 Interventions
- Realigning resources to enhance communications and patient care with members/patients
- Reallocating staff to focus on needs of high-risk populations
- Expanded use of telehealth
- Data collection for testing, treatment and outcomes
- Customer Experience
- Leveraging customer experience data
- Improving the digital experience
- Delivery System Design:
- Flexible arrangements for cost management strategies
- Payer/provider relationships with aligned quality goals
- Integration of Care”
- Serving high-need, high-cost populations
- Closing the vulnerability gap
- Supporting unique populations (rural, remote)
- Patient and Family Engagement:
- Payer/provider/patient collaboration
- Partnership arrangements
- Payer/employer engagement for a healthier workforce
- Use of Technology
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) devices
- Data and digital solutions
- Health information exchange/flow of data to support QI
- Support tools for patient care.
For more information, visit https://www.ncqa.org/about-ncqa/sponsorship-events/ncqa-innovation-awards/