Deadline: 14 December 2017
Nominations are open for Fogarty Emerging Global Leader Award to provide research support and protected time to a research scientist from a LMIC who holds an academic junior faculty position or research scientist appointment at an LMIC academic or research institution.
Applications are invited from LMIC research scientists from any health-related discipline who propose both critically needed career development activities and a research project that is highly relevant to the health priorities of their country.
- Only low- or middle-income country (LMIC) institutions are eligible.
- Income categories are defined by The World Bank Country and Lending Groups.
- Country eligibility for Fogarty International Training Grants applies.
- Candidates must be LMIC citizens.
- Candidates must hold an academic junior faculty position or research scientist appointment at the LMIC applicant institution and must have been in this position for at least one year at the time the application is submitted.
- Candidates are required to have both U.S. and LMIC primary mentors.
- Research should take place primarily in the LMIC.
- Individuals who have already received independent research funding are not eligible.
- Applicants should demonstrate that they are committed to an independent research career and justify the need for three to five years of mentored research experience in order to become an independent research scientist.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: American Samoa, Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, China, French Polynesia, Guam, China, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, North Korea, South Korea, Lao PDR, Macao SAR, China, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Martin (French part), St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands (U.S.).
For more information, please visit Fogarty Emerging Global Leader Award.