Would you like to learn more about access to safe abortion care? Do you work with Civil Society Organisation based in Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, DRC Congo, Mozambique, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Namibia, Lesotho, South Africa, Mauritius, Comoros, Madagascar Seychelles, Zimbabwe and Zambia? Then consider this course on Advocacy for Access to Safe Abortion.
About the Course
- This online course will help participants to:
- Understand the wide range of legal, social, reproductive health and rights issues related to safe abortion as an important but sensitive advocacy issue
- Articulate the different concepts, terminologies and language used in the field of global health and abortion
- Use the acquired knowledge and skills to examine and critically appraise locally available resources and information for action planning in his/her own setting
- The course will provide the latest available evidence on disease burden as well as medical and legal knowledge on the topic, ethical considerations, barriers in access, including the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on safe abortion care and post abortion care, among others.
- Course materials consist of podcasts, animated powerpoint presentations, infographic narrative texts, and weekly assignments. Towards the end of the course, participants will be guided to collect and review country specific information and to develop a plan of action for advocacy and monitoring of safe abortion care in their respective settings.
- Upon successful completion of the course which will entail completing all assignments and meeting all the set requirem ents for engagement, participants will receive a certificate. The online course is free.
Why a course on advocacy for access to safe abortion?
The course will start on 13 June 2022 and end on 08 July 2022.
Civil Society Organisation based in Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, DRC Congo, Mozambique, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Namibia, Lesotho, South Africa, Mauritius, Comoros, Madagascar Seychelles, Zimbabwe and Zambia is eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://arasa.info/call-for-applications-online-course-advocacy-for-access-to-safe-abortion/