The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) are organizing the 2022 edition of the SDGs Learning, Training & Practice – a series of capacity building and knowledge learning sessions held as a Special Event of the 2022 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF).
The United Nations high-level political forum on sustainable development (HLPF) in 2022 will be held from Tuesday 5 July to Thursday 7 July, and from Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July 2022, under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council. This includes the three-day ministerial segment of the forum from Wednesday, 13 July, to Friday, 15 July 2022, as part of the high-level segment of the Council.
The theme for the HLPF 2022 will be “Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”. The forum will take into account the different and particular impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic across all Sustainable Development Goals and the integrated, indivisible and interlinked nature of the Goals.
The 2022 SDG Learning, Training and Practice Special Event will align with the 2022 HLPF theme: “Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development “. It will also be closely connected with the following SDGs to be reviewed at the 2022 HLPF:
- SDG 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SDG 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- SDG 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- SDG 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- SDG 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
The 2022 SDGs Learning, Training & Practice workshops aim to advance:
- Knowledge and skills acquisition
- Sharing experiences and peer to peer collaboration
- Learning about practical actions and best practices
- Capacity building
- Practical policy integration and coherence
- All virtual sessions will be livestreamed, recorded, and open to all interested participants. A dedicated page will be set up at the 2022 HLPF website to promote information about the different sessions.
- Only submissions in English will be considered
- Only ONE proposal per entity
- Applicants could indicate preference for virtual or in-person sessions
- NO fee for submission or approval of proposed courses
- Submissions will be evaluated based on quality of proposals, relevance to the HLPF theme and the SDGs under review, expertise of the organizers and willingness to produce the desired output
- Selected organizers will be notified no later than 30 May 2022.
For more information, visit https://sdgs.un.org/events/2022-sdgs-learning-training-and-practice