The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) hereby invites you to participate in a Call for Proposals for CSO/NGO to support RESTORE (Response Toward Resilience) project, Mitigating the Impacts of Earthquake Disaster and COVID-19 in West Sulawesi (Building Facilities).
UNDP is supporting West Sulawesi subnational governments in early recovery efforts that will focus on reducing risks of further damage and injuries, restoring basic community services, and preventing COVID-19 from spreading further in the impacted communities.
In order to achieve the goals, there are three activities that will be implemented: 1) debris clearance; 2) economic livelihood reactivation, and 3) COVID19 prevention. These activities will also contribute to paving the way toward recovery by creating a suitable enabling environment for affected communities and governments in, Majene and Mamuju district of West Sulawesi province to engage actively with post-disaster recovery interventions for both earthquake disaster and COVID-19 pandemic.
From the background and explanation of the disaster that occurred in West Sulawesi, the objectives of these activities as follow:
- To provide support to the west sulawesi provincial government, Mamuju and Majene districts especially those affected by the earthquake are in the rehabilitation and reconstruction or recovery phase.
- Support provided in several activities, namely: debris clearance, economic livelihood reactivation and COVID19 prevention.
- In carrying out activities other than collaborating with provincial and district governments, coordination and communication will be carried out with related agencies in the recovery phase.
- From the support provided, it is expected that the recovery process can run smoothly considering that the pandemic is still ongoing, so reducing the risk of communities who are affected by earthquake disasters from COVID-19 transmission must be done. All activities will be carried out with strict health protocols without reducing the benefits that will be received by beneficiaries.
Location and Target Beneficiaries
- The activities will be carried out in the Majene Regency and Mamuju Regency of West Sulawesi province. The beneficiaries of the activities are mainly those who are impacted by the earthquake disaster that hit two regencies in January 2021, particularly women, children, and displaced people.
- At least 2 years or more of work experience in the area of collaborative management of community development, livelihood, local development planning, and stakeholder coordination in rural areas. The proposal shall include the structure of the Team Leader and members and their background and areas of expertise.
- At least 2 years of experience working with the Government of Indonesia on related key issues of health, environment, disaster management, or economic/livelihood development would be an advantage.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=75731