Deadline: 20 September 2016
The Wellcome Trust invites applications for the Research Awards for Health Professionals offering them the opportunity to carry out humanities or social science research, in any area of health.
An award will not usually be above £300,000. Support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses
- One can apply for a Research Award if thry’ve completed general medical, dental, veterinary, nursing, clinical, or any other professional health training. You should be a practising health professional with little or no research experience.
- They must also have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
July 2016 round
- Preliminary application deadline: 6 July 2016
- Full application deadline: 20 September 2016
- Shortlisting: November 2016
- Interviews: January 2017
January 2017 round
- Preliminary application deadline: 18 January 2017
- Full application deadline:22 March 2017
- Shortlisting: May 2017
- Interviews: July 2017
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Armenia, Indonesia, Samoa, Bangladesh, Kenya, São Tomé and Principe, Bhutan, Kiribati, Senegal, Bolivia, Kosovo, Solomon Islands, Cape Verde, Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Lesotho, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Syrian, Djibouti, Micronesia, Tajikistan, Egypt, Moldova, Timor-Leste, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Georgia, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Ghana, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Guatemala, Nigeria, Vietnam, Guyana, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea, Yemen, India, Philippines, Zambia
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust.