Deadline: 20 September 2016
The Wellcome Trust invites applications for the Research Awards for Health Professionals offering them the opportunity to carry out humanities or social science research, in any area of health.
An award will not usually be above £300,000. Support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses
- One can apply for a Research Award if thry’ve completed general medical, dental, veterinary, nursing, clinical, or any other professional health training. You should be a practising health professional with little or no research experience.
- They must also have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country.
July 2016 round
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Preliminary application deadline: 6 July 2016
- Full application deadline: 20 September 2016
- Shortlisting: November 2016
- Interviews: January 2017
January 2017 round
- Preliminary application deadline: 18 January 2017
- Full application deadline:22 March 2017
- Shortlisting: May 2017
- Interviews: July 2017
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Armenia, Indonesia, Samoa, Bangladesh, Kenya, São Tomé and Principe, Bhutan, Kiribati, Senegal, Bolivia, Kosovo, Solomon Islands, Cape Verde, Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Lesotho, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Syrian, Djibouti, Micronesia, Tajikistan, Egypt, Moldova, Timor-Leste, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Georgia, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Ghana, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Guatemala, Nigeria, Vietnam, Guyana, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea, Yemen, India, Philippines, Zambia
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.