The Bayer Foundation has launched a Women Empowerment Award. With this award, Bayer Foundation wants to empower women as key change makers and help female entrepreneurs generate social impact in Sub-Saharan Africa.
By supporting female entrepreneurs with groundbreaking ideas, Bayer Foundation specifically recognizes and celebrates their role as game changers driving sustainability and social impact through entrepreneurial innovation.
By supporting social enterprises such as Pula and many others (see here), Bayer Foundation has built a network of partners that can help reach its vision of ‘Health for All, Hunger for None.’ Through this ecosystem, the award can address some of the world’s most pressing challenges related to health and food insecurity, which affects millions of smallholder families across Sub-Sahara Africa.
By addressing these challenges, Bayer Foundation also works towards reaching the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations, especially zero hunger (#SDG 2) and good health and well-being (#SDG 3).
- A unique award for outstanding female entrepreneurs, boosting their growth through Bayer’s network.
- 5 winners. Each to receive 25,000 EUR cash and 25,000 EUR in-kind.
- Growth Accelerator:
- 24 weeks of tailored support, training for scaling, how to tackle barriers in the ecosystem via new partners, and active investor feedback.
- Fundraising Opportunities:
- Opportunity to raise capital: access to growth partners & investors.
- Comprehensive Networking:
- Expert Coaching:
- Access to mentorship from Bayer experts to produce a tangible enhancement in terms of business development, financing, or strategy.
- Female entrepreneurs leading innovative social enterprises with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Enterprises that already have their first customer and less than 1 million EUR revenue per year.
- Partners that can generate large-scale social impact, sharing the vision: Health for all, Hunger for none.
For more information, visit https://www.bayer-foundation.com/wea