Deadline: 31 October 2016
HIV Research Trust is seeking applications for its open competition for Scholarships 2017 from physicians, nurses, scientists and other health care professionals, in particular those who are in the early to mid-stage of their career (for example, undertaking a PhD; a first or second post doc position; or other professionals in an early phase of their research career), working in resource-poor settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries. The scholarship enables the individual to travel to other centres to acquire skills necessary to conduct their research more effectively when they return to their home institution.
All areas of research related to HIV are supported including laboratory methods, epidemiology, clinical and therapeutic research and research into psychological, social, nursing and other aspects of daily care of patients.
- The maximum sum awarded is £8,000 or equivalent value.
- The usual period of support is 2-6 months.
- The scholarships provide support for travel, living expenses including accommodation, and may provide support for laboratory expenses at the institution to be visited.
- The preference is for applicants to receive training in recognized centres in other resource-poor countries but travel to other areas is not excluded.
The scholarships are for health care professionals in early/mid-career who are located in resource-limited settings from low-income and lower-middle-income countries working in the field of HIV infection
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
- Low-income Countries: Afghanistan, Gambia, Niger, Benin, Guinea, Rwanda, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, Burundi, Haiti, Somalia, Cambodia, Korea, South Sudan, Central African Republic, Liberia, Tanzania, Chad, Madagascar, Togo, Comoros, Malawi, Uganda, Congo, Mali, Zimbabwe, Eritrea, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Nepal
- Lower-middle-income Countries: Armenia, Indonesia, Samoa, Bangladesh, Kenya, São Tomé and Principe, Bhutan, Kiribati, Senegal, Bolivia, Kosovo, Solomon Islands, Cape Verde, Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Lesotho, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Syrian, Djibouti, Micronesia, Tajikistan, Egypt, Moldova, Timor-Leste, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Georgia, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Ghana, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Guatemala, Nigeria, Vietnam, Guyana, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea, Yemen, India, Philippines, Zambia.
For more information, please visit HIV Research Trust Scholarships.