Deadline: 31 January 2019
Nominations are open for the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award to honor an individual or group of individuals who stand up to oppression at grave personal risk in the nonviolent pursuit of human rights.
The Award recognizes outstanding individuals and supports the work of the Laureate on an ongoing basis through strategic litigation,training and capacity building, and advocacy before governments, international organizations, and other institutions.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- A one-time total cash prize of U.S. $30,000 will be given to the nominee selected to receive the Award.
- While it is preferable that one nominee is given the Award, if more than one recipient is selected in a year, the cash prize will be divided equally among the recipients.
- Persons and organizations working non-violently to promote and protect human rights of any race, creed, religion, nationality,gender, or sexual orientation are eligible for the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award.
- Nominees must not be part of a government institution or have an official role within a political party, although the nominee can be affiliated with a political party.
- Additionally, nominees must not be self-nominated and nominees must not be nominated for the purposes of a lifetime achievement award or a posthumous award.
- Anyone can nominate for the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award. Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights seeks nominations from a wide spectrum of individuals likely to know of appropriate candidates.
- While the Human Rights Award Judges may not nominate candidates for the Award, they may re-nominate candidates who were nominated but not selected in the previous year. There is no limit to the number of nominations an individual can make.
- Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights will request and collect nominations and assemble supporting materials for presentation to the Judges.
- Those nominations that clearly do not fall within the established criteria will not be presented to the Judges.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
All nominations must be submitted through online process via given website.
For more information, please visit https://rfkhumanrights.org/awards/human-rights-award
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.