The Council of Europe and the League of Arab States invite you to apply as participants for the online learning course “Human Rights Education and Youth Participation for Euro-Arab Dialogue”. The activity also contributes to the fourth phase (2020-2024) of the World Programme for Human Rights Education, focused on youth, and supports action for the Sustainable Development Goals.
The online course promotes dialogue and mutual learning for youth leaders from the Council of Europe and League of Arab States on applying human rights education to address and improve youth participation and empowerment.
- To strengthen participants’ understanding of key concepts of human rights education and youth empowerment in the context of Euro-Arab cooperation;
- To explore the current realities, challenges and opportunities for applying human rights education in the Council of Europe and League of Arab states area;
- To share and devise ways of improving youth participation and empowerment through human rights education at local and national levels;
- To support exchange and mutual learning among youth leaders interested in Euro-Arab cooperation, notably by sharing the current obstacles and opportunities;
- To associate the participants and their organisations with the priorities and work of the Council of Europe’s Youth Sector and the League of Arab States notably in relation to the Euro-Arab youth fora.
- The online course will take place from 2 November – 15 December 2020. It will prepare participants to apply youth participation and human rights education in their youth organisations and activities. The online course promotes dialogue and mutual learning for youth leaders from the Council of Europe and League of Arab States on applying human rights education to address and improve youth participation and empowerment.
- The course will be facilitated and run on a Moodle e-learning platform for exchange and collaborative learning online; it will also include webinars using video-conferencing providing space for inputs and discussion with experts.
- The course will run for approximately 6 weeks and will require regular involvement from the participants including presence and cooperation in the e-learning platform and submitting assignments timely. The participants should plan to commit around 4 hours per week for the e-learning on Moodle. In addition, there will be 3 online conferences – webinars each taking between 3-4 hours to complete.
- The online course will gather some 80 participants from Council of Europe member states and from the League of Arab States.
- All participants should be youth leaders, engaged in activities with young people either focused on education, youth work, youth policy or participation in public life.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2FExnHs