The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina is pleased to welcome participants in the literary and artistic competition on the topic: 25 Years of Peace.
This initiative aims to encourage youth to reflect on what peace means to them, and thereby further their engagement in promoting human rights, political and social stability, and tolerance within Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Selected individuals will participate in an online workshop on the topic: “Introduction to Transitional Justice and Peacebuilding” with presentations to be delivered by experts in the sector – a Sarajevo University professor and a peace activist from civil society, which will be followed by a writing and arts competition.
- The selection panel of OSCE officials and partner organizations will select the best essays and artwork through a blind review process based on fulfilment of the guidelines and criteria for each category, which will be introduced during the online workshop.
- There will be three award winning categories:
- The best written piece (research papers, short stories, or poetry) on Human Rights and Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The best photography/drawing or painting on Human Rights and Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The best short-video (Up to 5 minutes) on Human Rights and Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Selected papers and artwork will be published in a bilingual publication (English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian), and will be promoted through the OSCE Mission’s network and networks of our partners.
- The single best submission from each category will be awarded and the author/artist(s) will be invited to partake in future promotional events of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina on the topic.
- Selection results for participants will be made public by the 26 October 2020. Selected individuals will be further contacted on 26 October 2020 and will participate in the online workshop on 30 October 2020. After completion of the workshop, participants will be eligible for the competition.
- The call is open for all youth between 18 and 30 years of age
- Applicants must be citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Applicants can apply as individuals or CSOs
For more information, visit https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina/466254