Have you ever wonder what is behind many of the workshops done in Human Rights and peacebuilding? Are you open to learn, create, discover and build ideas to foster your youth community? Are you willing to gain competences to be a trainer both in online and offline training? The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) with the support of Libre-pensadores de la Sierra (LPS) invites applicants for Peace Insights – a Training of Trainers in Peace Education to discover the compass that will guide towards a more inclusive society.
The Peace Insights’ project was designed by the group of international youth workers and activists — members of YPAN — working in the peacebuilding field. As young people, YPAN believes that peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is also defined as the attitudes, institutions and structures that build and sustain peaceful societies.
YPAN aims to bring youth (especially youth workers) with the training skills in peace education with a special focus on nonviolent conflict transformation and nonviolent communication; so that they would be able to run educational activities with, for and by young people based on experiential learning, non-formal education and human rights approaches.
The objectives are:
- To develop participants` understanding of concepts of peace, human rights and peace education at the personal, interpersonal, planetary and institutional level;
- To gain practical skills in nonviolent conflict transformation which could be incorporated into education with young people;
- To develop participants skills in non-violent communication and emotional literacy as the basis of peace education;
- To develop participants’ competence to design, run and evaluate non-formal education and training activities in the field of peace education at European and local level;
- To create participants a space to exercise their gained in facilitation skills and implement them during workshops in the local school;
- To develop the self-reflection and self-assessment skills of participants in their learning processes, meaningful cooperation with others and to be further able to transfer the gained skills into the educational process of the others;
- To empower and mentor participants to act as trainers and multipliers of the peaceful values in their educational youth work by designing and implementing at least one concrete follow-up activity.
- What is this? A 5-day training course on the tools for trainers in Peace Education;
- Who? 23 participants from all over Europe;
- When? The weekend of the 12–13 December 2020 and the next weekend of the 18–19–20 December 2020;
- Where? Online.
How They Work
- The training course will be based on the principles of non-formal education: it will have a planned programme of personal and social education for young people designed to improve a range of skills and competencies, outside the formal educational curriculum.
- They will implement the basic elements of the non-formal education, such as the education being voluntary, organised with educational objectives, participatory and learner-centred, about learning life skills and preparing for active citizenship, based on involving both individual and group learning with a collective approach, holistic and process-oriented, as well as based on experience and action (they will plan the follow up activities) and starts from the needs of the participants.
- Applicants are willing to?
- Join a group with an open mind, ready to take action, seeking constructive learning, and willing to be changemakers;
- Create a community with respect, love and “sharing is caring” mood;
- Show your best skills to others, offer an ear to hear and questions to ask;
- Find what “outside the box” really means;
- Believe that youth is part of the change;
- Have the time to meet cool people with a thousand stories to share;
- Participate in the 5 days of the training.
- Besides, applicants prefer to:
- Stick to the ideas, values or ways of living without questioning even a single rule;
- Not listen to others thoughts or ideas;
- Enrol for joining just one day, without giving yourself and the training a chance;
- As YPA Network we promote local and international peacebuilding activities by young people around Europe.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2KGpAep