Deadline: 1 October 2019
The World’s Largest Annual Humanitarian Award- 2020 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize worth $2 million is now open for the nominations. This prize is presented to a nonprofit organization judged to have made extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Hilton Humanitarian Prize is awarded based on achievements, rather than future goals. Therefore, the letter of nomination should focus on what the organization has accomplished.
Every year, they receive hundreds of nominations from around the world for the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Prize is not only intended to recognize and advance the efforts of the recipient organization, but also to call attention to the worldwide need for humanitarian aid and to encourage others to expand their support.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Key areas that are considered include:
- Extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering,
- An established record of achievement,
- Innovation in program design,
- Demonstration of effective partnerships, organizational capacity and administrative efficiency,
- Ability to serve as a model for other nonprofits and demonstration of impact.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Nominee Eligibility
- Nominees must be organizations, not individuals.
- Nominees must be established, nongovernmental, publicly supported charitable organizations. U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt status—or the equivalent for international organizations—will determine eligibility. (International nominees will be contacted by the Foundation for appropriate documentation.)
- Nominees must be legally established for at least five years (established prior to January 2015 for the 2020 Prize).
- Nominees must have audited financial statements for at least five years.
- Nominees must have expenditures greater than U.S. $750,000 in their most recent audited fiscal year of operation.
- It is strongly encouraged that if a nominee has multiple branch offices that the umbrella organization be the nominee.
- Nominator Qualifications
- The nominator should have direct knowledge of the nominated organization’s work.
- The nominator may not be an officer or employee—or any other individual receiving remuneration for his or her services from the nominated organization. Board members may nominate providing they receive no payment for their service.
- The nominator may not be a family member of an officer or employee of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be a founder of the organization.
- The nominator may not be a Conrad N. Hilton Foundation employee, board member, Prize juror or a family member of a Foundation employee, board member, or Prize juror.
- The nominator may not be a Hilton family member.
The nomination letter should emphasize the organization’s accomplishments rather than future goals. Both historic and recent performance should be addressed. Following are elements to consider in describing nominee’s work:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering
- Established record of achievement
- Demonstration of impact
- Ability to serve as a model for other nonprofits
- Demonstration of effective partnerships
- Innovation in program design
- Organizational capacity and administrative efficiency
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, visit Hilton Foundation.