PLURAL invites eligible young people to submit the applications for the Youth Video Festival. This festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival (hereinafter referred to as “PLURAL+”) recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
PLURAL+ recognizes young people as powerful agents of social change and video entries should therefore serve as an instrument for them to express their thoughts and opinions on one or several of the main themes of PLURAL+: migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
PLURAL+ video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about those pressing social issues in constructive ways.
What type of videos do you consider? What’s the required format?
- PLURAL+ video entries must be:
- Between one and five minutes in length, including title(s) and opening/closing credits (the PLURAL+ team will automatically disqualify any submission falling outside of this time restraint)
- In English or include English subtitles
- Produced after 31 December 2018.
- In addition, PLURAL+ video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about the PLURAL+ themes – migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- If selected, entrants must be prepared to submit a digital copy of their video in either of the following formats: MOV (preferred), MP4, AVI, QT, MKV, or FLV. HD is preferred (1920×1080), but not required.
- The PLURAL+ is open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be at most 25 years old at the time of the production of their videos.
- PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
- While the people appearing in the video do not have to be young, it is imperative that the video reflects the thoughts and opinions of the young filmmaker about migration, diversity, social inclusion, and xenophobia. The person submitting the video (“the entrant”) must be actively involved in its making; e.g. either as a director, writer, camera person, editor, actor, coordinator, etc.
- Immediate family members of staff members of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and members of the PLURAL+ International Jury are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Multiple young people can work together on one video, as long as each of them is at most 25 years old at the time of the production of the video. When submitting a video as a group, the video will fall into the age category of the entrant.
For more information, visit https://pluralplus.unaoc.org/