L’Officina and Studio Tommaseo, together with the Trieste Contemporanea Committee, and in collaboration with Artifragili and Creaa.it, announce the fourth edition of the SQUEEZE IT Contest. The competition is organized with the co-funding of the Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- The contest is specifically directed at the new generations of artists in the European area in order to foster the creation of original projects, which are characterized by the dynamic interaction between the contemporary creativity of Theatre, the languages of the Visual Arts and Digital Technology. Student projects and projects submitted by groups made up of people from the three areas of investigation are encouraged.
- A workshop for finalists aimed at developing moments of exchange between young artists and experts operating in the three fields of competence will also be organised.
- There are two separate awards in the competition.
- The Online Squeeze It Award
- From this selection, the winner of an online public vote will receive the Online Squeeze It Award 2023 in Trieste during the Award Ceremony of the contest after the screening of the winning video clip. The winner of this online award will also have the opportunity to take part in the workshop for the Franco Jesurun Award finalists.
- The Franco Jesurun Award
- A shortlist of participants is chosen by the jury to participate at the finals in Trieste where they will perform their theatrical piece on the Final Evening of the competition, on September 10, 2023, when the jury will decide who among the finalists will receive the Franco Jesurun Award (named after the founder of the three cultural organizations in Trieste that promotes the competition).
- The finalists will also be invited to an in-depth workshop around the time of the finals relating to the three areas of interest. The winner of the Franco Jesurun Award will then have the opportunity to collaborate with an internationally renowned video artist – who in 2023 will be Vladimir Nikolić – and realize together with this special guest director a professional video work originating from the winning theatrical performance.
- This video production will be screened in Trieste and in other European venues.
- The competition is open to young contestants under the age of 30, born in EU member states and in CEI member states.
- Any competing group should indicate a project leader. All participants (group members included) must be born after 23 July, 1993, and in the countries above. Both the theatrical performance and the video clip of it must be original and unpublished and will not infringe, for any reason, the rights of third parties.
For more information, visit Trieste Contemporary Committee .