Are you between 18 and 35? Do you want to launch a digital and citizen initiative in French-speaking Africa? CFI offers to support you in the development of your project.
In less than a decade, the explosion of online media and the growing demand for more effective public action in Africa have opened up unprecedented opportunities for innovation in the field of citizens’ initiative, known as “civic tech”. Digital tools are now available, but the lack of knowledge and the absence of a viable ecosystem are hindering the development of these initiatives.
Connexions Citoyennes intends to contribute to youth participation and citizen control of public action by strengthening the capacity of actors and actresses to implement and promote their digital initiatives.
- The objective of the call for applications is to select 25 young leaders and project leaders who will benefit from an incubation program that will allow them to strengthen their capacities and make their digital and citizen project a reality.
CFI is committed to promoting gender equality in all of its projects. As such, for the Connexions Citoyennes incubation program, the following projects will be studied with particular attention:
- Projects led by women or including one or more women in their team;
- Projects defending women’s rights and gender equality and/or including raising awareness of the gender approach.
- CFI will also encourage project leaders to fight against the propagation of gender stereotypes throughout the training.
- Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Gabon, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Chad, Togo, Tunisia.
CFI takes into consideration candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Have the nationality of one of the listed countries;
- Be between 18 and 35 years old;
- Have internet access (help may be offered);
- Mastering French both orally and in writing;
- Develop a project with a citizen and digital dimension in French-speaking Africa.
The stage of advancement of the projects is not a selection criterion. In fact, candidates presenting a project idea may be selected in the same way as candidates submitting a more mature project.
Documents to Provide
- A detailed CV (3 pages maximum);
- The certificate of successful completion of the Connexions Citoyennes MOOC available on the connections-citoyennes.com website (not compulsory but recommended).
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/39fNhoi