UNDP and Koç Holding have joined forces to accelerate the digital transformation of CSOs to increase their impact and outreach.
In line with this objective, the primary goal of the Civil Society Technology Challenge is to mobilize tools, expertise and networks to accelerate the use of digital technologies during this transformation. After the completion of this program, participant CSOs will have the necessary firsthand experience to design, implement and adapt their work to the digital realm through a specific solution. They will be able to transfer this know how into other areas within their organization and respective work.
All CSOs that are seeking to embark on a digital transformation journey are encouraged to apply. For the first phase of the Civil Society Technology Challenge, twenty CSOs will be selected and will:
- Engage in an intensive learning program on digital transformation, technology for impact and crowdfunding;
- Explore 1-1 mentorship opportunities with key experts to develop a project that uses digital technologies to innovate, scale and increase impact on development issues;
- Connect with global and local experts in technology, innovation and sustainable development to formulize key steps and actions for the digital transformation roadmap of the organization;
- Become part of the BOOST regional network for exchange and collaboration with international organizations and innovators.
- Must be registered in Turkey as an association, foundation, cooperative, working to address and offer solutions for environmental and social issues.
- The organization must have a vision and commitment to developing and implementing a digital transformation strategy on the basis of the proposed solution
- Must be operational for at least three years.
- Must have an annual revenue/ income and/or donations of at least 2.000.000 Turkish Liras.
- Due to the requirements of the program, the proposed two participants should be proficient in English.
- Scalability: Solutions that are scalable across countries.
- Viability: Where necessary, the applicant is required to engage partners to ensure viability.
- Management: The applicant must demonstrate it has an adequate team in place and will have the capacity to implement the solution in 3–6 months
- Potential for impact: Solutions that can improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable groups.
- Innovation: Solutions that use cutting-edge technologies, social and digital innovation tools and that transform current business models with digitalization
- Effectiveness: Solutions that demonstrate how they will tackle one of the issues areas impacted by Covid-19 in the long-term.
For more information, visit https://boostimpact.org/challenges/civil-society-technology-challenge/