With this Open Call, Big Data for Next Generation Energy (BD4NRG) is looking for applicants that will introduce new services by adopting the BD4NRG infrastructure and framework.
BD4NRG aims to enable an incremental decentralised energy data-driven ecosystem and a collaborative data sovereignty driven ecosystem. The goal is to unlock and exploit the economic potential of big data & AI technologies and give to Energy Sector stakeholders, the opportunity to improve their business operational performance.The goal is to unlock and exploit the economic potential of big data & AI technologies and give to Energy Sector stakeholders, the opportunity to improve their business operational performance.
- BD4NRG solution will be demonstrated to three main pillars:
- BD-4-DER: Management of Distributed Energy Resources
- BD-4-NET: Operation of Electricity Networks
- BD-4-ENEF: Investments & Efficiency in Buildings
Open Call Topics
Applicants are asked to submit proposals under one of the following 4 topics with the initiative to promote the development of new tools, services and activities.
- The topics that the proposals shall address are:
- Efficiency and reliability of electricity networks operation improvement
- Optimisation of grid and distributed assets
- Energy efficiency investments planning
- Cross-Cutting Applications
Benefit from the Open Call
- The selected applicants with their participation in this Open Call will have the opportunity to:
- Fund their innovative ideas and the execution of their projects.
- Receive technical mentoring services provided by the core partners.
- Be part of BD4NRG wider network and connect with key EU stakeholders of the Electric Power and Energy Systems (EPES).
- Receive max. 60.000EUR funding
Type of Projects and Activity
- Applicants must use the provided BD4NRG proposal template. Applications must either directly address one of the first three Open Call topics or propose and deliver crosscutting applications that complement the ones developed in the framework of the BD4NRG project. It should be considered that applications shall not be offered as stand-alone solutions but integrate and make use of the services and data offered through the BD4NRG platform.
- In order to be considered eligible, applicants will have to abide to the requirements described in this chapter. The proposals that do not comply with the criteria enlisted will be excluded and marked as ineligible. The eligibility criteria will be checked during the whole evaluation process.
Eligible for Financial Support
- Financial support will be provided to SMEs and Start-ups legally established in an EU Member State or in an Associated Country. Only single entities are eligible to this Call. The legal entity is required to possess a validated Participant Identification Code (this code is provided for interested parties to participate in EU funding programmes and procurements). However, at the moment of submission, the entity can apply with the provisional PIC. Please advise the definitions of SMEs and Start-ups.
- The official language of BD4NRG Open Call is English. Proposals must be written in English to a full extent. If any part of the proposal is written in any language other than English, the entire proposal will be rejected.
For more information, visit https://opencall-bd4nrg.cintechsolutions.eu/open-call/