Have you developed a successful innovative solution to a sanitation challenge applicable to Africa? The International Water Association (IWA) is providing a unique opportunity for innovators to display their prototypes, solutions, and demonstrations alongside the upcoming Innovation Acceleration Forum.
The Innovation Acceleration Forum will provide access to innovations and to thinking around the sanitation agenda and aims to bring together innovators, government, utilities, city managers and practitioners.
Sanitation innovators selected from this open call will receive a display space and support for participation in a dedicated Sanitation Innovation Showcase running alongside the Forum, providing a platform for technology offerings, especially those from Africa or relevant to its sanitation landscape and challenges.
What the selected applicants will receive?
- Free display space (2 square metres each) will be allocated for selected applicants.
- Additionally, a grant of 500 USD to support participation costs will be provided.
- The key target audience for the innovation showcase, as part of the wider Exhibition in Kigali, is the Congress delegates-water professionals from across the full water cycle from more than 80 countries worldwide. In addition to Congress delegates, the Exhibition will attract local, regional, and international trade visitors. Participants from the global water sector will meet in world-class stands at the Exhibition, which will also host several country and thematic pavilions.
- Looking beyond technology innovation, the Forum will encourage discussions on process, policy, governance, and social innovation from or applicable to the African context.
- This is an open call for innovators, startups, researchers, NGOs, and industry leaders working on innovations related (but not limited) to:
- Sanitation Systems Technologies
- Digital Solutions to Sanitation
- Wastewater and Faecal Sludge/Septage Management, Treatment, and Reuse
- Sanitation Infrastructure
- Safety and Personal Protection Equipment for Sanitation Workers
- Eco-friendly, Nature-based Sustainable Sanitation Solutions
- Sanitation Governance, Policy, and Regulation
- Capacity Development
For more information, visit International Water Association (IWA).