Deadline: 10 October 2021
Nominations are now open for the SCALE Creative Green Adaptation Award.
As communities around the globe face unprecedented challenges due to climate change, humanitarian and development practitioners are rapidly adapting the ways in which they deliver critical aid and programming.
SCALE wants the world to know about your good work! Tell them about your creative program innovations and adaptations and how they address climate change-related constraints and challenges in the sectors of agriculture, natural resource management (NRM), and off- and non-farm livelihoods.
Examples can include, but are not limited to:
- The introduction of new climate-smart approaches and technologies
- The provision of products or services that contribute to climate change adaptation or mitigation
- New approaches to create “green jobs”
- Adopting new digital technologies, apps or social media that support climate change goals
- New business strategies to support climate-friendly supply chains
- Innovative and inclusive strategies for data collection and monitoring
The winners of the Creative Green Adaptation Award will be selected by the SCALE Technical Committee, Donor Panel, and public voting in November alongside COP26 events. Winning approaches will be featured in a Spotlight Webinar in early December and documented in a technical brief. Winning adaptations will also be highlighted on the FSN page and newsletter to raise awareness about innovations that are being developed and the changemakers responsible for them.
- Award for Technical Excellence in an Emergency Setting (selected by SCALE’s Technical Committee)
- Award for Technical Excellence in a Development Setting (selected by SCALE’s Technical Committee)
- Donor’s Choice Award (selected by a select group of donor representatives)
- People’s Choice Award (selected through open voting platform)
The submitted vlog should be no longer than 3 minutes. Submissions exceeding 3 minutes may be disqualified;
- Videos should be uploaded as a single high quality file in a standard YouTube format (16: 9 aspect ratio)
- Videos should be in MP4 format and the file size of each video should not exceed 1GB
- Videos must not contain any copyrighted music, images or brand names without prior permission.
- They will provide subtitles for videos submitted in French, Spanish, Arabic or Kiswahili
The judges will look for engaging and inspiring vlog submissions. Your survey and video entry will be judged on:
- Relevance of your entry to climate-resilient and green livelihoods approaches and/or COP26 goals
- Technical quality of the innovation/adaptation (particularly for “Technical Excellence” awards)
- Creativity and inspiration
- Potential for replication and impact
For more information, visit https://www.fsnnetwork.org/grant/scale-creative-green-adaptation-award