Apply for the 2022 Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) Prize for Innovation in Global Security.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established a prize in order to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an event to be held in November 2022. The prize for the application coming in first position is CHF 10’000 and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations.
- Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking and seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research, or grassroots initiatives.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
- The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members, are not eligible participants.
- Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- Applications must be in English.
For more information, visit https://www.gcsp.ch/events/apply-2022-gcsp-prize-innovation-global-security