The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s (FCDO) Central European Network of embassies is seeking a partner to deliver an engaging conference programme of up to one day for a select group of non-governmental influencers across Central Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia).
- The objective of the conference is to facilitate the exchange of perspectives between attendees from across the region and UK participants from the government, think tanks and academia on the major international challenges facing the region as the UK completes its transition out of the EU.
- The exchange of perspectives should result in a series of suggestions for UK policymakers, with a particular focus on how the UK and Central Europe can best work together as a force for good for the benefit of all.
- The successful bidder will be expected to provide end to end delivery of a Covid19 secure, virtual yet impactful and engaging conference of up to one day.
- This will be expected to include at least:
- Collation, analysis and reporting of relevant baseline data on UK-CEE relationship.
- Designing and structuring a series of discussions.
- On the basis of the data collated and analysed, identifying topics for the discussions subject to agreement by FCDO.
- Identifying, recruiting and liaising with c3-4 participants from each Central Europe country.
- Production of research briefs in advance to shape and guide each discussion.
- Production of a report following the event to summarise the outcome of the discussions.
- An opportunity for networking among participants.
- All activity must be complete by the end of March 2021.
Key criteria against which bids will be assessed:
- Feasibility of proposals setting out how this activity would be delivered.
- Value for money.
- The closeness of the suggested programme’s fit with FCDO objectives.
- How the impact will be sustained after the event.
- Consideration of how to ensure a virtual event is sufficiently engaging to combat “zoom fatigue” and facilitate networking.
- Consideration of gender and geographical balance of speakers and participants. All panels or groups must be mixed-gender.
- Consideration of risks to delivery.
- Please complete and submit the attached Project Proposal Form and Activity Based Budget by midnight Central European Time on 27th November.
- An FCDO programme board panel will assess the bids by 4th December.
- The outcome of the programme board will be communicated to all bidders by 11th December.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3pUzmKc