The QCoal Foundation is accepting applications for Community Spirit Grants program to encourage community-led initiatives to improve liveability, health and education in communities throughout regional and remote Queensland.
The objectives of the QCoal Foundation Community Grant Program are:
- to make meaningful and positive contributions to support the development of vibrant, liveable and sustainable regional and remote communities.
- to foster productive partnerships between QCoal Foundation and local communities and organizations that facilitate long-term, sustainable solutions to community identified needs.
- To provide a simple and transparent process for the application and receipt of project funding that benefits regional and remote communities.
Program Priority Areas
QCoal Foundation Community Grant Program prioritizes applications that are focused on one or more of the following priority areas:
- Liveability – improving the general liveability of regional and remote communities in a way that is valued by that community.
- Health – improving access to health services in regional and remote communities.
- Education – supporting access to education in regional and remote communities to create pathways to employment.
- For grants of up to $2,000
The QCoal Foundation gives preference to applications from not-for-profit organizations with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. In some cases they may refer applications from other community groups to their donor partners who may be able to assist. They are unable to provide grants to individuals.
Grants are not available for:
- commercial enterprises
- Political, religious or spiritual organizations whose application relates to promotion of their beliefs
- Repayment of loans
- Project contingency
For more information, visit https://qcoalfoundation.org/our-initiatives/community-grant-program/