The Ignite Innovation Lab (IGL) Digital Transformation, is an online startup incubator that provides lessons on human centered design-thinking, digital marketing, and is committed to equipping youths in Africa with the digital literacy and critical skills necessary to create digital enterprise solutions that are progressing the Sustainable Development Goals and adapt to the global workforce—and the very nature of work in the 21st Century. IGL is a program of Inspire Africa for Global Impacts Initiative.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Virtual, Team-based, Multi-Day Workshop: Participants will explore a multitude of human-centered design methodologies such as need finding, ethnographic observation, and rapid prototyping. The vehicles for learning include hands-on activities through digital tools (G-Suite), online group exercises, research and discussions, short lectures, and pitch rehearsals.
- Design Exercises & Digital Marketing: During these extensive exercises, participants will infuse design thinking into business planning and entrepreneurial activities. Afterwards, further hands-on learning and workshops on digital marketing will ensure to under-stand the role of social media on customer acquisition.
- Project Leadership: Participants will be introduced to a series of creative confidence team building and leadership activities that will equip them with the leadership capacity to implement the business project and work with a team remotely.
Innovation Challenge Process
- Identify problem relevant to the user – Participants apply and join a virtual team selected from across Africa in an online innovation challenge.
- Apply a human-centered design approach to define the problem – Teams will utilize IGL G-Suite platform & Google classroom to collaborate and co-create innovative and sustainable digital enterprise addressing the SDGs.
- Identify a series of possible solutions – Work with mentors and pitch business proposals via video conference.
- Create mockups and prototypes to visualize the solutions and test for feedback – Exceptional teams will receive new laptops, potential funding, and more!
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Brand new laptops/cash prizes
- A copy of the Winning Streak Book
- Outstanding members will receive awards of recognition and all participants will get a certificate of completion.
- Be a young or aspiring entrepreneur from across Africa.
- Be between the ages of 19-28 at the start of the program.
- Be proficient in English.
- Have access to the internet and a valid Gmail account.
- Have access to a computer or smartphone device that allows Google apps/G-suite.
- Have a well developed CV.
For more information, visit https://www.weinspireafrica.org/igl