The City of Albany is inviting applications for the 2021-22 Community Development Funding to support community based projects and activities.
Applications must address at least one of the funding priorities within a stream to be eligible for assessment:
- Vibrant, inclusive & connected neighbourhoods
- Increasing community engagement and participation in local events and in community life, in particular with marginalised or disadvantaged population groups.
- Connecting people to their local neighbourhood by reducing isolation and building local connections where people live.
- Activating under utilised neighbourhood amenities (eg parks and reserves).
- Hosting events, place-making, story-telling and creative expression in local neighbourhoods.
- Strong thriving community groups
- Upskilling and increasing the capacity of committee/board members and activity leaders with appropriate training and professional development
- Increasing or retaining membership through marketing campaigns, or redevelopment/development of websites
- Increasing the sustainability of the organisation through innovative projects and initiatives
- Supporting the vulnerable
- Improving community health and wellbeing in particular with marginalised or disadvantaged population groups;
- Increasing the resilience of those impacted most significantly by COVID-19 restrictions and/or other emergency situations.
- This funding program offers grants between $1,000 and $5,000.
- Funding is available for projects that will be delivered between 1 November 2021 and 30 June 2022.
Grants can be used for most aspects of an activity, including:
- Programming costs, including fees and costs associated with performers or subscription fees for hosting events on virtual platforms;
- Production and venue costs, including venue/grounds booking and equipment hire;
- Publicity, communications and marketing costs including web design and advertising;
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages provided for activities that have physical attendance (where compliance with relevant guidelines is adhered to);
- Supplies and resources associated with delivering the activity;
- Minor equipment purchases.
Community Development Funding is available to not-for-profit incorporated community organisations based in the City of Albany or which have a demonstrated, principal interest in the City.
- Unincorporated organisations may seek the services of an incorporated body (sponsor) based in the City of Albany to auspice the activity on their behalf. The sponsor will be required to accept legal and financial responsibility for delivering the activity.
- Individuals will only be considered for funding if they are residents of the City of Albany and have a sponsoring, incorporated community group located within the City of Albany prepared to auspice the funds on their behalf.
For more information, visit https://www.albany.wa.gov.au/facilities/community/community-funding-sponsorship.aspx