The Australian Embassy is inviting interested organisations to submit applications for grants under the 2021-22 Direct Aid Program (DAP).
DAP is a flexible small grants program funded from Australia’s development cooperation budget. The Mongolia DAP aligns with the overall purpose of Australia’s aid program to contribute towards economic growth and poverty reduction.
Australia is pleased to support Mongolian organisations and communities to contribute to development, reduce poverty and promote people to people links between Australia and Mongolia through the Direct Aid Program (DAP).
In 2021-22, the Mongolia DAP will aim to fund projects in the following sectors:
- Health/hygiene – focusing on responses to the COVID pandemic such as managing health and stress, rural and community health, combating communicable diseases, cancer prevention, emergency and distance medicine, medical services for the disadvantaged
- Human Rights – focusing on disability inclusiveness, empowering the disadvantaged and minorities, youth empowerment and eliminating discrimination
- Reducing domestic violence – activities designed to protect women and children and those most disadvantaged
- Disaster prevention and response – activities that focus on building the capacity of communities to prepare for and respond to wildfires and other natural disasters
- Education/youth – focusing on access for people with disabilities, disadvantaged adults and children, and children with special needs and promoting social inclusion.
- Proposal budgets cannot exceed a maximum of AUD 30,000 and cannot exceed one year duration.
- Applications will be considered from local and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), national and local government agencies and other not-for-profit organisations.
- All applications must demonstrate that they are not-for-profit. Applications from individuals will not be considered.
- Microcredit schemes, purchase of land and vehicles, recurrent costs including staff salary and non-related administrative expenses, commercial ventures and activities with direct support from government are not eligible for DAP funding.
For more information, visit https://mongolia.embassy.gov.au/ulnb/DAP.html