As a part of the Earth Journalism Network’s (EJN) Biodiversity Media Initiative project pleased to announce a second round of grant opportunities for journalist networks, media organizations, civil society organizations or academic institutions that are working to improve media coverage of biodiversity and conservation issues in countries where information is most under threat and most urgently needed.
- Build the capacity of journalism networks and media organizations to report on biodiversity and conservation issues
- Carry out biodiversity and / or conservation training activities for journalists
- Build internal capacity
- Organize local networks around these issues
- The Biodiversity Media Grant Opportunity is designed to support the awareness- or capacity-building around biodiversity and conservation, network building, content production around these issues, or creating digital or other media outlets. Applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new network or organization.
- As Internews is strictly a media development organization, they will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.
- This opportunity is open to journalist networks, media organizations, civil society organizations or academic institutions. Although they will consider applications by NGOs or environmental groups looking to build the capacity of journalists to cover conservation issues, preference will be given to applications from or affiliated with professional journalists, media organizations, journalism schools and the like.
For more information, visit https://earthjournalism.net/opportunities/biodiversity-media-grants-2021