This year the UNTFHS is seeking proposals focused on addressing the multidimensional challenges and advancing the SDGs in LDCs, LLDCs, SIDS, and the Sahel region. Where appropriate, proposals that link with existing initiatives or Funds and apply the human security approach to this broader initiative will be considered favorably.
Proposals should reflect the following key elements:
- Promoting prevention and preparedness to interconnected threats ranging from conflict, climate change, pandemics to poverty and inequality, among others.
- Reaching the most vulnerable groups and those farthest behind, emphasizing dignity, tackling discrimination, and fostering gender equality.
- Operationalizing the humanitarian-development-peace nexus or enhancing synergies across interconnected risks such as the intersection of climate change, displacement, and the SDGs.
- For these programmes, the total contribution from the UNTFHS should not exceed US$300,000 for a period of 12-18 months.
- Programmes need to demonstrate genuine application of the human security approach. They should aim to generate the highest degree of catalytic effect and be directed towards complex challenges best suited to the human security approach.
- Programmes can incorporate assessments and practice- or policy-oriented research on human security on the condition that they lead to new tools, strategies or practical solutions based on the human security approach that may be adopted by the UN system, Member States, and/or intergovernmental organizations, among others.
- Proposals should offer novel and innovative ways of working – new entry points, new types of partnerships, etc. – to promote solutions that will ultimately lead to more impactful and sustainable outcomes for people.
- Each programme must include a strategy to increase awareness and usage of the human security approach and the adoption of tools, strategies or practical solutions developed.
- The UNTFHS encourages budgeting for international/national UN Volunteers as appropriate for the programme.
For more information, visit https://www.un.org/humansecurity/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/FINAL_2021-Call-for-Proposals_UN-Trust-Fund-for-Human-Security.pdf