The Asia-Pacific Network (APN) is inviting proposals under the Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and the Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE).
APN reiterates the importance of enhancing support to, and engagement of, early-career professionals (ECPs) in the Asia-Pacific region by providing a platform for ECPs to utilize their knowledge and innovative ideas to address regional issues related to global change and sustainability.
- South Asia
- Climate downscaling in relation to IPCC AR6 Working Group I Assessment
- Food security in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Nitrogen management for nutrient and food security
- Future GHG emission scenarios
- Monsoon and the impacts of extreme events
- Southeast Asia
- COVID-19 pandemic in the perspective of its impacts on the environment
- Nature-based solutions for food security
- Climate smart agriculture
- Climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Water security and water resources
- Transboundary issues (air pollution, waste management, electronic waste, microplastics)
- Bio-Circular-Green Economy
- Temperate East Asia
- Carbon neutral societies, zero carbon cities
- Climate change and economic analysis
- Climate-related disaster risk reduction
- Climate adaptation in the context of nature-based solutions
- Climate smart agriculture
- Transboundary issues (especially marine plastics)
- Global knowledge and indigenous knowledge in the context of displacement, relocation, food security and water security
- Global knowledge and indigenous knowledge in the context of adaptation and disaster risk reduction
- Regional climate downscaling in the Pacific
- Microplastics and marine plastic debris
- CRRP Programme
- Activities related to the CRRP research programme that APN supports cover the following:
- Collaborative research on global change and sustainability that, particularly, addresses gaps, analysis, synthesis and assessment work.
- Collaborative research that develops pathways and mechanisms to achieve sustainable development and develop adaptation strategies.
- Collaborative place-based integrative research particularly from developing countries.
- Collaborative research that contributes to the Paris Agreement, Sustainable Development Goals, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework, UN Decade of Ocean Science (2021-2030), as well as the accumulation of scientific knowledge at IPCC, IPBES, etc.
- CAPaBLE Programme
- Activities related to the CAPaBLE programme that APN supports cover the following:
- Capacity development activities that promote the following approaches related to one or more of the five thematic areas of APN:
- Utilizing and strengthening existing capacity
- Creating opportunities to use/instil capacity
- Developing new capacity through innovative approaches
- Awareness-raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision-making communities, civil society and/or the general public.
- Science-policy interfacing in the context of the five thematic areas and priority topics.
- Capacity development partnership activities that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including including the UNFCCC Paris Agreement, IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and the UN Decade of Ocean Science as well as ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
- Activities geared towards using science communication as a way to disseminate knowledge generated from projects, particularly to non-science audiences.
- Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America and Viet Nam.
- Approved Countries are Maldives, Myanmar, Pacific Island Countries and Singapore.
Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member or approved countries are eligible to apply APN grant.
For more information, visit https://www.apn-gcr.org/news/2021-call-for-proposals-under-the-crrp-and-capable-programmes/