Collaborative Research Programme (CRP) has announced the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) Research Grant – a dedicated source of funding aimed at financing projects that address scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country.
Established in 1988, the programme aims to stimulate collaborative research in Member States and with the ICGEB Component laboratories, to promote training of young scientists and to facilitate the creation of appropriate research facilities. The programme provides support for research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy.
- The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000.
- Grants are awarded to contribute to the implementation of outstanding scientific research projects. An important element of successful applications is the feasibility of the proposed project within the designated time-frame (maximum 36 months).
- Applicants for research grant proposals (identified as “CRPs”) should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the ICGEB Member States.
- Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not mandatory. Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
- Investigating groups do not qualify for submission of applications:
- if previously awarded projects have not been evaluated and satisfactorily concluded;
- if the University or Research Institute of the Principal Investigator is based in Italy.
For more information, visit https://www.icgeb.org/activities/grants/