The Hawai‘i Community Foundation (HCF) 2021 Community Grants Program is now open to nonprofit organizations benefitting the communities and people of Hawai‘i.
The priorities of the funds for this particular RFP are:
- ‘Ewa Beach Community Fund: The purpose of the fund is to support activities and projects of charitable agencies that work to improve the quality of life of the residents of the’ Ewa area. Preference will be given to projects that address a community need and benefit the ‘Ewa Community that:
- Are conducted by organizations based in the ‘Ewa area, have a history of involvement in the’ Ewa community, or are partnering with an ‘Ewa organization, with strong preference given to groups based in’ Ewa Beach;
- Involve or serve youth, particularly out of school time, or the elderly;
- Are supporting program expenses, as opposed to personal expenses.
- Kahuku Community Fund: The fund was established with a broad purpose, “to be used for charitable and community purposes within the geographic district of Kahuku, bounded by Turtle Bay and Malaekahana.” Preference will be given to projects that address a community need and benefit the Kahuku community in the following areas:
- educational opportunities, including early care and education
- recreational opportunities
- economic sufficiency for self, family and community; such as emergency assistance to individuals and families
- social conditions such as crime, poverty, substance abuse or domestic violence
- health care
- strategic action plan around future development of the Kahuku community
- greater understanding of traditional and contemporary cultural arts, practices and values of the Ko’olauloa moku
- Grants are generally awarded for one year. They will not exceed $ 10,000 but will typically be between $ 3,000 to $ 5,000.
- Preference is given to 501(c)3 organizations, or groups with a 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor, for requests of more than $ 5,000.
- This RFP is for nonprofit organizations, fiscally sponsored organizations, community-serving groups with a charitable purpose, a program of a church, or a project of a Hawai’i DOE school that align with the priorities of the ‘Ewa Beach Community Fund or the Kahuku Community Fund.
- Applicants must be responsive to the priorities identified by the ‘Ewa Beach Community Fund or the Kahuku Community Fund.
- Organizations currently funded by HCF with overdue final reports are not eligible to apply.
- Organizations must be in compliance with the State of Hawai’i Tax & Charities Division.
- Organizations or groups may apply in response to the priorities of the ‘Ewa Beach Community Fund or the Kahuku Community Fund, or both. A separate application must be submitted for each fund to which an organization is applying. Only one application per organization per fund is allowable.
For more information, visit https://www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/grants/community-grants