NextWorldNow has announced a grant program as it holds that world communities can work together in an informed and personal way using technology and resources to improve the well-being of participants in each community.
- NextWorldNow invests in and supports community development projects requiring modest capital. They fund projects that are owned by the local community, whose social impact and return on investment can be measured, and whose success can be sustained. In the spirit of innovation, they aim for a diverse “portfolio” of projects and geographies to spread creative solutions.
- NextWorldNow sees a world where every person has the basics for well-being: clean water, good food, housing, health care, safety, education, social activity, and jobs. They know that the current state of the world represents many unmet needs. Despite the size of the need which seems unlimited, they choose to act. They believe that small change leads to bigger change and is a preferred option to a default acceptance of the status quo.
Why This Program?
- NextWorldNow holds that they are connected with one another in the world community. Like thousands of individual cells connected within a single body shaping its health, the actions of individuals within the world community effect the wellbeing of all. Discomfort in a part of their collective body impacts the whole and serves as a source for other downstream social ills. This program is designed for individuals who share a view of a larger self, have decided that they have enough means to live comfortable lives, and want to share their resources with others in a creative and smart way.
What are target investments?
Consistent with its mission, NextWorldNow is interested in supporting many types of community programs:
- Civic Participation;
- Effective Development;
- Environmental Mediation – Water, Sanitation, Deforestation;
- Health Care Access and Treatment;
- Human Rights;
- Peace and Human Security;
- Smallholder Productivity and Food Security;
- Sustainable Markets/Livelihood.
- NextWorldNow Community Investments (NWN) works with individuals, communities, and other organizations to make this happen. They invite communities with project ideas to submit their requests for funding. They study the requests and make funding decisions.
- NextWorldNow welcomes scale-able partnerships with other organizations on joint projects. They invest in solutions built to last, looking beyond short term fixes to address long-standing problems. NWN is a non-profit private foundation with the United States 501 (c) (3) status.
- Jan 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021. Initial period to submit a “Notification of Interest” to register the organization’s intent to submit a formal grant application. This google based form is found at the attached link. NWN screens the initial requests and forwards a full application form to select community organizations for completion.
- April 1, 2021- Organizations selected to continue in the determination process receive the full application form and are requested to submit completed documents.
- Jul 1, 2021 – Submission of full application deadline, review process begun, the selection process initiated.
- Sep 1, 2021 – 2021 investment award announced and distributed.
- Jan 1, 2022 – The application period for 2022 opens.
For more information, visit https://sites.google.com/site/nextworldnowcommunity/community-request-application