The Variety – the Children’s Charity is seeking applications for its Variety Freya Fund 2022.
The Variety Freya Fund is the legacy of Freya Williamson. The Williamson family, who loved and cared for Freya for 21 years have been inspired by their own lived experiences, to provide assistance for families who have children with severe disabilities.
The Fund is designed to be as flexible as possible to help relieve individual families at a time of need or financial distress and when experiencing additional emotional and physical challenges.
Calling a family, at a time of need to let them know they have been nominated and will receive $750 from the Variety Freya Fund, is the best gift anyone can offer.
- Variety Freya Fund benefits families and carers of children, under 18 years old, with severe disabilities or additional needs.
- The family cannot apply directly for Variety Freya Fund themselves.
- Nominations can be made by Health Professionals, Allied Health Professionals, or other professionals who are aware of the family's circumstances (such as teachers, support workers, case workers).
- The nominated family must reside in Tasmania.
- Special consideration will be given to families who have their source of income severely impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
- Variety Tasmania has the right to contact nominated families as part of the grant assessment process to determine eligibility.
- Variety Tasmania has the right to contact the nominator as part of the assessment process.
- Applications are open all year round.
- This is a one-off cash relief payment and can only be made directly to the nominated family.
For more information, visit Variety Freya Fund.
For more information, visit https://variety.smartygrants.com.au/Freyafund2022