The Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) has announced a call for proposals for the 20th round of Biotechnology Ignition Grant Program.
The scheme enables technology innovators and entrepreneurs to pursue a promising technology idea, and establish and validate proof of concept (POC) for the idea.
Supports high level innovation in the Biotech sector and is not meant for basic research projects.
- Grant-in-aid up-to INR 50 lakhs for a maximum period of 18 months
- Implementation and Mentoring through BIRAC’s BIG Partners
BIRAC invites proposals from Biotech Start-ups and Individual Entrepreneurs with innovative idea having potential for commercialization. Eligible entities include:
- Start up age allowed for a registered company/ LLP incorporated under BIG w.e.f 1st Aug 2021: 5 years
- Scientists, Faculty, Research Scholars, Graduates in any discipline incubating/ intend to incubate at a BioIncubator
- Eligibility criteria for startups under BIG has been revised.
For more information, visit https://www.birac.nic.in/cfp_view.php?id=26&scheme_type=5