The Assembly for Cooperation for Peace (ACPP) lead beneficiary of the MedTOWN project has launched a call for proposals to grant a total of 55,000 euros to fund Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) pilot projects in the provinces of Seville and Huelva (Andalusia, Spain).
The aim of the call is to support co-production initiatives that address poverty, inequality and social exclusion in collaboration with a Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) entity and a local public authority.
- The overall objective is to demonstrate that the co-production model delivers better quality of social services and makes the public expenditure more effective and efficient.
- Specific objectives of the call for sub-grants
- Promote the establishment of multi-lateral parternships between the SSE entities, the public and the private sector in eco-social co-production initiatives to fight poverty, inequality and social exclusion
- Introduce innovative reforms of service delivery
This call for sub-grant proposals is addressed to SSE entities and to civil society organisations that operate in the following sectors:
- Support of local economy and SSE
- Youth employment
- Family and social care
- Health care
- Gender equality
- Education and training
- Technology divide
- Climate change
A total of 55,000 euros to fund Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) pilot projects
Be non-profit-making organization or a for profit entitiy from the SSE sector – having the specific feature of producing goods, services and knowledge while pursuing both economic and social aims and fostering solidarity and collectivity – such as (among others): NGOs, cooperatives, mutual benefit societies, associations, foundations, non-profit and social enterprises.
- Education and training on eco-social transformation, sustainable development, just and green transition
- Support of local economy and small business through the use of complementary currencies (local currencies, timebanks, credit vouchers, etc)
- Employment support services and guidance to young people and long term unemployed
- Activities that promote economic and social inclusion through the SSE sector (awareness of the advantages of the SSE sector in fighting social inclusion, capacity training skills on SSE start-ups, etc)
- Activities that support already SSE established initiatives that are active
- Activities that support services directed to the improvement of family well being and of the social and health care services in general (elderly people, people with disabilities, vulnerable groups)
- Activities that promote gender equality
- Activities that combat digital exclusion and divide
- Community actions for culture and climate change
Entities within the spectrum of the SSE sector, which have the specific characteristic of producing goods, services and knowledge while pursuing economic and social objectives and fostering solidarity, can apply. The pilot projects must be located in the provinces of Huelva or Seville.
For more information, visit https://www.enicbcmed.eu/medtown-project-spain-opens-55000eu-worth-call-proposals-grant-initiatives-pilot-projects