Do you provide dental care to children whose families cannot afford it? If yes, apply for an AAPD’s Grant Program.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) is pleased to announce AAPD’s Grant Program that aims to support community-based initiatives in the U.S. that provide dental care and ultimately serve as a Dental Home to underserved/limited access children.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry defines a Dental Home as the ongoing relationship between the dentist and the patient, inclusive of all aspects of oral health care, delivered in a comprehensive, continuously accessible, coordinated, and family-centered way.
One way the Foundation supports this goal is through one-year Access to Care Grants in support of care for children up to age 18. Access to Care Grants support community-based initiatives in the U.S. that provide dental care and ultimately serve as a Dental Home to underserved/limited access children.
- Selected applicants can receive one-year grants of up to $20,000.
What can be covered?
Foundation funds may be applied to cover costs such as, but not limited to:
- Child oral health care
- Clinic supplies, instruments and equipment
- Education and/or outreach to recruit dentist participation in program activities.
- Special health care needs
- All expense items must have clear, direct impact on pediatric oral health care and a direct link to the Dental Home.
- The AAPD Foundation funds applications providing care for patients 18 and younger, consistent with Medicaid and The Children’s Health Insurance Program eligibility requirements. They particularly are interested in initiatives providing care to ages 8 and younger.
- Must be a United States /U.S. Territory applicant/organization providing care to children in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory.
- Qualified initiatives must be dentist-led, with priority given to projects with pediatric dentist leadership. Projects led by general practitioners also may apply.
- Qualified applicants/organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) or 501 (c)(6) organizations
- Local health jurisdictions
- County health departments
- Hospitals and clinics
- State government agencies
- Colleges/schools of dentistry
- Colleges/schools of medicine (pediatric and family medicine departments only)
- National,state and local dental societies.
For more information, visit https://aapdfoundation.org/what-we-do/apply-for-grants/