The U.S. Embassy in Dhaka is now accepting concept notes for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) fiscal year 2022 grants program to support the preservation of archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, museum collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression, such as indigenous languages and crafts.
- Funding Instrument Type: Grant, Cooperative Agreement (as appropriate)
- Length of Performance Period: 12 to 60 months
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: U.S. $10,000 per project
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: U.S. $500,000 per project
Appropriate project activities may include:
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to an object or site)
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of an object or site)
- Documentation (recording in analog or digital format the condition and salient features of an object, site, or tradition)
- Inventory (listing of objects, sites, or traditions by location, feature, age, or other unifying characteristic or state)
- Preventive Conservation (addressing conditions that threaten or damage a site, object, collection, or tradition)
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of an object or site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance of an object or site)
- The Cultural Heritage Center defines eligible project applicants as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities that can demonstrate they have the requisite capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. Eligible implementers may include non-governmental organizations, museums, educational institutions, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based education institutions and organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
- The AFCP will not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, or past award recipients that have not fulfilled the objectives or reporting requirements of previous awards.
For more information, visit https://bd.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-nofo-afcp-grant-program-fy-2022/