The Africa No Filter is seeking applications for its Operational Support Grants to not-for-profit organisations aligned to their mission.
Funds can be used to cover operational costs to keep the organisation going whilst it conducts its work. Operational Support Grants are open to creative hubs, narrative change organisations, media houses, festivals, galleries, digital platforms etc., that support individual storytellers.
This can be through program delivery, job creation, residences, networking opportunities, training and capacity building creatives, artists, journalists etc.
- Building the ecosystem of narrative changemakers: They have started working to identify narrative changemakers on the continent e.g. producers, writers, platform owners, advocacy groups.
- Crowding in New Narratives: They support content creators (storytellers) and media platforms through their grantmaking.
- Disruption: They are keen to position theirselves as an African narrative watchdog – a central source for tracking, recording, sharing learnings and data around examples of harmful narratives on the continent and attempts to disrupt it.
- Research: Their research agenda is focused on making narrative and the work they do evidence-based, salient and relevant to the African conversations.
- Amount: $10,000 to $25,000
- Not-for-profit organisations aligned to their mission.
- Applicants must be based in Africa and the Diaspora (work must benefit African creatives, artists or storytellers).
For more information, visit https://africanofilter.org/africa-no-filter-operational-support-grants