The Alabama Power Foundation is pleased to announce the Elevate Grants to empower nonprofits by funding community-centered projects, helping them expand their impact and address some of the community’s most pressing needs.
- Grant Funding: Focused on addressing poverty issues; creating a more equitable and inclusive community; and/or engagement with underrepresented minority groups. Grant funding is available to local governments (cities, towns, communities of any size, educational institutions) or city and county school systems, universities and any 501(c)(3) organization. Grant funding is limited to a maximum of $10,000.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Training: Training for staff, board members, committee members and key stakeholders. Grants of up to $2,000 will be awarded to nonprofit organizations for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) training for board and staff members.
- Leadership Development: A six-month leadership development cohort to provide nonprofit leaders with knowledge and skills to build their capacity and effectiveness in the community by improving their organizational effectiveness. The learning modules will be designed by program participants and have diversity, equity, and inclusion principles engrained throughout. The virtual program is open to Staff and Board Members of nonprofit organizations at no cost.
- Reflects a different approach to any of the following:
- Addressing poverty issues.
- Creating a more equitable and inclusive community.
- Engagement with underrepresented minority groups.
- The applying project or program leverages collaboration between partner resources and networks.
- The applying project or program helps achieve organizational and financial stability, program quality and growth for the applying organization.
- The applying project or program can be replicated.
- The applying project or program incorporates volunteerism.
- The applying project or program reflects a different approach to engaging poverty issues.
For more information, visit https://powerofgood.com/grant/elevate-grants/