The U.S. Embassy in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (Embassy Abidjan) is pleased to announce an open competition for organizations to submit a project proposal for its Ambassador’s Special Self-Help (SSH) Program.
The Ambassador’s Special Self-Help (SSH) Program awards grants to registered non-governmental, non-profit, community-based organizations to implement short-term, small-scale development projects that include community involvement and benefit a large number of people
- Priority consideration is given to income generating projects that improve basic economic or social conditions at the village level and benefit many people.
- Proposals submitted by community groups, village associations, women’s groups, or any other community-based group that can show it has formed into an entity recognized by the relevant authority in the area where it operates will be prioritized.
- The SSH Program receives hundreds of applications for funding each year. All submissions are reviewed in a competitive and transparent manner. However, given the limited funding available through the SSH Program, they can only fund a small number of projects each year.
- Performance period: 12 months or less
- Award amounts: Minimum $2,000, maximum $11,000
- Funding instrument type: Grant
- Anticipated project start date: October 2022
- Type of funding: Economic Support Fund-Overseas Contingency Operations
There are three basic eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be a Cote d’Ivoire registered non-governmental, non-profit, or community-based organization.
- Registered non-governmental organizations, trusts, associations, cooperatives, women’s groups, schools, churches, etc. meet this eligibility requirement.
- All applications must include and identify a significant community contribution (cash, labor, and/or materials).
- Applicants must display sound management capabilities in the form of financial and administrative procedures that protect against fraud, waste, and abuse.
- For-profit or commercial entities and individuals are NOT eligible for SSH funding.
For more information, visit https://ci.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-ambassadors-special-self-help-fund/